09/12/2014

My favourite festive nail polishes

Hello everyone,

I've being getting into the festive spirit these last few days, all my decorations are up, presents are wrapped and I have started with the Christmas films. Anyway I thought I would tell you about what nail polishes I have been reaching for recently.

Maybelline colour show in 352 Downtown red
This is what I have on my nails at the moment and I am loving it. It is a deep wine red colour with a slight purple in there that shows up more in some lights.  I only needed 2 coats to get it really opaque.

Barry M in 299 Racing green
I wore this so much last year, it is a dark forest green that looks stunning. I like to do my nails alternatively with this and then put a red on my other nails....so Christmassy. I have a lot of Barry M nail polishes and think they are lovely and a great price, however they do peel easily but I don't mind too much as I like to change my polish as soon as it starts to chip.

Essie in 61 Russian roulette
Everyone needs a classic red nail polish in their collection and this is mine. This is the polish I use with the racing green polish which look great together. I love Essie polishes but I don't have a lot...I think I need to get Bahama mama ;)

NYC foil explosion in 014 Magic earth
This is a pale green that give a great foil effect and makes a change to the normal plain nail polishes. Out of all the nail polishes I have mentioned in this post, this one lasted the least before chipping but I was busy so it maybe my fault I will have to test it out again.

No7 Vivid violet
Over the festive period I wear a lot of greens and reds, but when I fancy a change this is a beautiful shimmery deep purple. I haven't used a No7 polish before but I was really impressed by this and the staying power was the same as all the other polishes I use.

Barry M glitters in 339 gold and 150 red
These are great for putting over other nail polishes to get them that something special. You can use these on all your fingers (my choice usually), an accent nail or every other nail. They look great and go prefect for the party session.
Maybelline downtown red
L-R Barry M racing green, Essie roulette red, NYC magic earth, No7 vivid violet, Barry M gold glitter and Barry M glitter red


Essie Roulette red and Barry M gold glitter


 

Thank you for dropping by, what are some of your favourite festive polishes?

 
 
Kelsey x

No comments:

Post a Comment