13/04/2015

My fitness routine

Welcome back everyone,

Ok I'm going to be honest here and tell you I forgot I was due a post and had nothing ready to go so I thought I would share the little changes I have made to stay healthy and try to get back in shape after having Evelyn.



Diet

Ok so I haven't changed my diet too much as I think I am quite a balanced eater already. However when I was pregnant I got gestational diabetes so I had to watch everything I ate and cut down on sugar and carbs to keep my blood sugar levels down. This has put me in a good habit that I have been able to continue to do :)

Now I said I have a good balanced diet and not a healthy one because I eat chocolate EVERYDDAY!! I could never get rid of chocolate, I also enjoy the odd pudding but sometimes I forget to wait until the weekend!!

Something I have recently added into my diet is water with lemons, this is suppose to help detox your body but I can't say if it has but its tastes nice.

The little changes I have made to my diet are that...small. Instead of snacking on fruits lots because of the sugar in them I have started to snack on cucumber, cherry tomatoes, carrot sticks and nuts. These foods are still feeling me up and making me feel good but I am getting more of a variety.



Fitness

First off I hate the gym...now lets move on.
Having a new-born at home means I can't do a lot, I do make sure we go out everyday and this will involve at least a 2 mile walk.

At home though I do a little routine to help tone up. I love the blogilates 30 day challenges from their website as you either have to excises at the top of the page or you can find them on their youtube channel - they have some great playlists.
I am currently going the butt lift and it is so easy - to complete - but I can tell I am using the muscles.

I can't wait to try the others

 
 
Along with the butt lift I am also doing a 30 day plank challenge which is proving to test me. I  feel great doing this as on the 1st day I could feel it after about 14 seconds but yesterday I managed to do 1 minute and 45 seconds, I can't reach their time now - day 16 onwards - but as long as I am increasing my time I'm happy.



Is there anything else I could add? Thanks for popping by

2 comments:

  1. Doing 100 jumping jacks along with the plank challenge helps strengthen your core more. Also try 50 crunches per day. That way you get a real core work out! But otherwise the plank challenge is an awesome thing to do ;) www.knowledgefromtheheartwithmariel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mariel thank you for the tip. I have started with 5 for each and will build it up :)

      Delete