The other day I was going through my makeup and throwing away everything that was old and pass it's 'use by date'
This got me thinking that some people may not be aware that makeup and lotions and potions have an expiry date.
- mascara (waterproof and regular) 4-6 months, never use it if it has dried out and never add water to extend the life of it.
- eyeliner - pencil, liquid and gel 4-6 months
- foundation and concealer 6-12 months
- powder products 2-3 years
- lipstick, lip gloss and lip liner 2-3 years
- cleansers 1 year
- toner 6-12 months
- exfoliators 12 months
- serums and moisturisers (incl. body) 6-12 months
- lip balm 12 months
- keeping products out of direct sunlight
- don't 'pump' the mascara wand (this pushes air in drying it out)
- Try not to use pots as they are not hygienic
- Store in a cool dry place
- Keep lids and cap on tightly
- Don't share products with other (especially eye products)
- Keep makeup brushes clean and this can spread the dirt around your makeup products
Did you know about these 'use by dates'? (I learnt a few when researching this)